This weekend we had the pleasure of going to the opening show of Peppa Pig’s Surprise at Bunjil Place in Narre Warren, and what fun we had.
Peppa Pig’s Surprise is an hour long show with all your favourite characters from Peppa Pig live on stage. We met Peppa, her brother George, Mummy Pig, Daddy Pig, Suzy Sheep, Danny Dog, Petro the Pony as well as a few others. The story was assisted along by human Daisy who also appeared in the recently released Peppa Pig movie (you can read about that here).
Simply put this was the BEST KIDS STAGE SHOW that we have seen… and we have seen A LOT.
- The characters were spot on! A very accurate representation of what you see on the screen brought to life by the magic of various styles of puppets and costumes.
- The story was easy to follow with lots of songs to break it up and keep kids engaged
- The sets were really impressive. Often kids shows don’t seem to spend much/any time switching out sets but Peppa Pig’s Surprise swapped scenes quickly and effortlessly.
- Kids just seemed to love it! If kids are engaged and not whinging/running about you know you’re on a winner!
Other things to keep in mind…
- If you’re in the front few rows you might get a little wet!
- There’s a dark scene lit by UV lights… dress your child in white or something that will glow.
Overall I was really, really impressed and so was my daughter (3yo) and my niece (2yo). If you have Peppa fans they won’t be disappointed. Peppa Pig’s Surprise is touring Australia until July so there’s plenty of time to see all your favourite characters live on stage. Find your tickets here.