357 Monbulk Rd,
The ever popular Tesselaar Tulip Festival has a new Autumn cousin… Tesselaar KaBloom! Literally KaBloom is everything you love about the Tulip Fest, except… well… the tulips! This is the first year KaBloom is running so I was keen to check it out.
There were flowers, entertainers, yummy food, themed days and activities, tractor rides, face painting, shows, petting zoo, fairy garden, cubbies to explore…I could go on and on!
Here’s what you really need to know:
- Adults are $25, concession $22 and kids (until age 16) are free
- You can BYO food for a picnic but not booze. You can buy it on site however
- Dogs are welcome, as long as they are on a leash
- Parking is free
- Pretty easy to navigate a pram, but if you have a super mega delux off road pram then bring that. Some areas are a little bumpy and/or muddy
- Bring gumboots for your kids and a change of clothes… because your kids might be like my kids…
Ok, here’s one more thing that I think is important to share. Unlike the Tulip Festival, at KaBloom you can’t roam through the flowers. The staff told me this is to preserve the plants so they don’t get so trashed (I guess tulips are hardier?). Had I not been to the Tulip Festival before this probably wouldn’t have concerned me, but because we go every year it was a bit sad to not be able to “roam the rainbow” of flowers at KaBloom. There was also about two thirds of the amount of flowers as the Tulip Festival has, but I think that is likely due to it being the first year that KaBloom is running.
There is still plenty to look at and do, but I think it is definitely worth knowing in advance if you are a seasoned Tulip attendee.
As always we love the Tesselaar farm and had a fun day out. Hopefully next year at Kabloom they have an area or two of hardier (but still pretty) plants for all your roaming fun!
For more info and to book tickets head to www.kabloom.com.au/